Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Charity Begins At Home

I was helping my daughter with her homework. There was a knock on the door. I leaned out of an upstairs window to see a young guy with a clipboard and badge. He seemed to be collecting for a charity and mentioned kids in local schools. I told him that I was sorry that I couldn't afford to contribute, neither could I spare the time to talk as I was in the middle of something, but if he had a leaflet about it, I'd be interested to read it.

He didn't have a leaflet, but undeterred, he continued, telling me that they found that usually children's education was something that was left to mum. At this point, I stopped him and bade him goodbye, explaining what I'd been doing before he'd interrupted me.

Later, I found no reference online to the charity that he claimed to represent.

No comments: