Sunday, August 10, 2008

Showers & Gusty Squalls



Showers, gusty squalls and sunny intervals. Found myself humming 'Four Seasons In One Day' by the Finn brothers, as I pottered around the plot this morning. All that free wind energy going to waste.



One moment I was taking my shirt off in the hot sunshine, the next I was running for shelter in the shed.



Harvested kale seeds. It was a while before I noticed that they have two channels of seeds on each side of the pod. I've saved myself a packet - of seeds : )



The first of the autumn raspberries to ripen - so large that at first I thought it might have been a loganberry.

Harvested more peas, kale, a few small carrots and the first of the climbing beans. Tied up some of the giant sunflowers which had either fallen over or were in danger of doing so.

No comments: