Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Overstretched

Email to Bristol City Council :

Dear xxxx,

When I wrote to you three weeks ago, you complained of being overstretched as your colleague was on sick leave.

I hope the situation is better now.

I've just been attempting to clear dog faeces from the pavement directly outside my elderly neighbour's front gate and it feels timely to point out that you would be even more overstretched if members of the public like myself didn't clear away such mess and flytipped rubbish from the neighbourhood themselves.

Each time I pass the alleyway behind Saffron House in Whitehall it is strewn with flytipped rubbish but I have delayed informing you so as to give you a quiet life. I have not complained about the piles of dog faeces around the neighbourhood lately for the same reason.

However, feeling somewhat overstretched myself, disgusted at the state of the streets and with my own employment to occupy me, I thought it time to communicate with you.

If you'd like to give me the contact details of a superior officer at the council, I'll gladly write to them and plead the case for you to be given more support and resources to carry out the difficult job that you have to do.

Regards,






(I'm doing you all a favour by not including photos of dog turds)

No comments: