Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Tree Fellas

Hmm - this is getting quite interesting. I had an email from the council today, confirming that it was Squarepeg, the developers of the chocolate factory, who told them that the ash tree on the site of their proposed development was causing a danger to cyclists and got them to come and cut it down.

Now why would they do that ? Out of concern for cyclists or because the tree stood on the very spot where they intend building a monstrous tower block, fronting onto the cyclepath, in a frightening bit of greenwash to tack on to their plans for the rest of the site ?

Meanwhile, on the Indymedia site where I published the story, there have been denials of involvement by Squarepeg and, peculiarly, Chris Hutt - who originally told me of Squarepeg's tree survey - accused me of not checking my facts. I can only assume that Squarepeg have been getting to him and he doesn't wish it to be known that he was the one to inform me.

"Can I suggest that Indymedia gets its facts right before making inacurate accusations. This is nothing to do with Squarepeg. Please correct your blog." Jenny Gee, Spokesperson for Squarepeg.

I take no pleasure in confirming the suspicions of subterfuge relating to Squarepeg's involvement in all this and am more frightened than outraged by their point blank denial of involvement and their sinister PR parrot who's been trawling local media in an attempt to drown any voices of dissent.

LEAVE OUR CYCLETRACK ALONE !

I urge everyone to register their objections to the development of the cyclepath verge with Bristol City Council.

Comment here - link


Bristol Indymedia story - link

No comments: